Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorstay Nail Enamel

I love gel polish manicures.  That being said,  I don't always have time to go to the salon and it's not cheap.  When I heard about Revlon's new Colorstay Nail Enamel I decided to give it a try.  It is supposed to be comparable to gel and last 11 days.  It comes in lots of great colors, including some trendy ones.  Also, to sweeten the deal CVS had the polish on sale and combining that with coupons and rewards cash back it only cost me $1 a bottle.

It looked great at first - super shiny - very much like a salon gel manicure.  But as you can see 6 days in and it's starting to chip.   I even followed the rules and did a base and top coat. 

The nice thing is - no salon appointment required.  I can do them tonight watching the Heat play on TV.  I also like that I can switch colors whenever I want.  I was already getting bored with the pink and wanting to try the orange :). 

Have you tried salon gel polish manicures?  How about the ones you do at home with the infrared light?


Day 1 - Super Shiny

Day 6 - Chips and wearing on the tips



1 comment:

  1. Yes I have tried the gel polish with the infrared light it is good for about a week. Inventment is a little high but if you go to a salaon twice a month not bad,and you can change is when every you want. Go HEAT tonight.

    ReplyDelete