Saturday, June 16, 2012

Reviews: J. Crew - Polka-dot Popover, Talitha Blouse, Raj Paisley Pencil

My recent J. Crew order was mostly sale items that weren't in my local stores - the Polka-dot Popover and the solid color Talitha Blouses.  Also, at the time I placed my order the Raj Paisley #2 was still full price in store, but on sale online.  I'm soooo glad it wasn't final sale....................

First up, the Polka-dot Popover.  I thought the color was going to be black and ivory and the fabric semi-sheer.  Wrong on both counts.  The shirt is black. but the polka dots are a tan/khaki color.  The fabric is a silk and cotton blend, but different than the silk & cotton perfect shirts.  This fabric is awesome and didn't seem at all sheer to me.  This is a size 4 so I would say it fits TTS.  If the dots had been ivory, this would have been a keeper for me at $69.99.

J. Crew Polka-dot Popover - size 4
I was so excited to receive the Talitha blouses.  I ordered the Vintage Berry and Bohemian Red.  I LOVE my Talithas in Peacock Paisley and Feather Paisley and expected these to be the same.  They are not.  The fabric is totally different.  The solids are a washed silk and are much more sheer and flimsy feeling.  They also run larger.  I love the fit of my Talitha Paisleys in a size 4.  These in a size 4 were way too big, I think I may have needed even a size 0!  Needless to say, these are going back.

My final item as the #2 pencil in the Raj Paisley.  Although you know I am a sucker for a paisley, I just wasn't feeling this one.  For some reason it felt too 4th of July to me.  But after seeing it on my fellow bloggers, I started feeling it.  I was hoping to wear it with my new Talitha blouse in Bohemian Red, but how cute with my Madewell Chambray pocket tee, red pumps, and my red bubble necklace?!  I ordered it for $89.99, but my PS told me that it is down to $79.99 with 30% off.  For $56, you will be seeing it an OOTD very soon.


Talitha Blouse - Bohemian Red - Size 4
Too big, too flimsy, going back
Raj Paisley #2 Pencil Skirt - Size 2
Feeling the paisley love

No comments:

Post a Comment