Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: Lands' End Canvas

Lands' End Canvas Destination Deals continue..... June 5th - June 7th they have Dresses for $34 and men's chinos for $24.  Plus an extra 20% off all sale items.   Use code IceCream and PIN 1020.  Try code Getaway and PIN 1278 for shipping with no minimum.  One of the dresses included in the sale is the Polka Dot one below.  What a deal!

Thanks to Gigi's heads-up on a 30% off and free shipping promo at Lands' End Canvas a couple of weeks ago, I placed an order.  I have never purchased from Lands' End and I am very pleased with what I received.

The items seem to run true to size with my J. Crew sizes and the quality is excellent IMO.  The Lands' End website also has customer ratings and reviews which I found extremely helpful.  Based on the information, everything I ordered fit just as I expected.

Love, love, love this shirt!  Of course, it has an anchor :).  This is the short sleeve anchor oxford shirt.  I normally wear a size 4 in J. Crew shirts, but based on the reviews for this shirt I sized up and I'm glad I did.  The fit of this size 6 is perfect for me.  The fabric is a great weight and I love the button details on the peter pan collar.  AND the best part - the cost - $8.39!!!

Long-sleeve relaxed chambray shirt - size small - $35
I ordered this one based on Gigi's recommendation and I LOVE it. I have been looking for the perfect chambray shirt for awhile and I think I found it.  The fabric is a great weight - not too light and not too heavy.  And I love the color.
I think a size XS might work better though.

5 inch seersucker short - size 4 - $31.50 (re-ordered on 6/2 for $12!)
These shorts are great - I love the fabric and they seem well-made.

Silk Polka-dot Dress - navy w/ white dots - Size 4 - $91
This is a great, well-made dress.  It is not lined, but the silk is heavy enough that I didn't find it necessary.  AND it has pockets!!



My first experience with Lands' End Canvas was great, so far.  I will do my returns at the local Sears store this week and hopefully that will be issue-free.  I'll let you know. 

6/4/12 update:  I did my returns today at the Sears store by my office and it was drama-free.  I see more LEC in my future :).

Are you a Lands' End fan?  What have you ordered recently?

5 comments:

  1. I love LEC! Great quality, and great sales! The hardest part today was to choose which dress(es) to order! Decided to order a few, so it will be fun to try them when they arrive:). I have a Lands End Inlet (their outlet store) near me, and they have great deals also. The quality of their shirts is much better than the JCrew Perfect Shirts, IMO. The seersucker shorts are adorable on you, and the silk dress is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, KRB. Thanks so much for the kind comments. I'm so glad to have learned of LEC. I re-ordered the polka dot dress for $27.20(!) and also ordered the navy eyelet one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lec, has the best t shirts, i love their heritage canvas ones, i bought them in every color, they work great for layering, or on their own with statement jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love LEC. I just got the 5" seersucker shorts and loving it. I got it from last weekend's promo. What a steal for $12!! I have my eye on a few dresses which are on sale now. Gotta love LEC when they have a promo on! Love your polka dot dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just jacked off to the pic of you in that pretty dress

    ReplyDelete