Saturday, June 16, 2012

Review: Lands' End Canvas

I recently discovered LEC thanks to Gigi, and I am a huge fan.  The quality of their stuff is great IMO.  During the dress promo I re-ordered the silk navy polka-dot for $27.20 which was originally $130!!  I also ordered the navy eyelet dress for $27.20 and a striped polo for $15.97.

The navy eyelet dress is super cute.  I had fears that it would be too short, but as you can see it hits right at the top of  my knees (I am 5'7".).  It is fully lined and has pockets.  The dress only has a short zipper at the neck and I had a heck of a time getting out of it.  This is a size 4 and I typically wear a size 2 or 4 in J.Crew dresses so I would say it runs TTS to small. Overall, I think it is great quality and the price was fantastic.


Lands' End Canvas Eyelet Dress - Size 4

Fabric detail
I also ordered the Lightweight Rugby Shirt in navy and ivory on sale for $15.97.  LOVE this shirt!  It is a great weight - not too light as to seem flimsy.  The sleeves are 3/4 which some may not like, but doesn't bother me.  I also like the chambray collar.  It has a tennis tail hem (longer in the back) and hidden button placket.  I think these details make it seem more expensive and higher quality.  This is a size small.  The online size guide says a small is size 6-8.  But this seems to fit more like a 4-6 to me.

Question:  The chambray collar is the exact same color as my J. Crew chambray shorts and I think they look cute together.  Cute or too Garanimal?

Lands' End  Lightweight Rugby Shirt - Size Small



It also comes in Oro/Ivory

3 comments:

  1. I went to Sears at Fair Oaks Mall in VA on Thursday and saw the cutest clothing. I knew lands end was in Sears, but I had thought Lands End Canvas was on-line only...the SA told me that the store I was in is the only LEC store in all of VA. :)

    I bit on a seersucker mini and a grey slouchy sweatshirt, and then proceeded to wear them both on Friday with orange accessories. I guess it was love!

    You look darling in the dress, love the eyelet detailing!

    The models on-line leave something to be desired, they are all really pretty with nice smiles, but the clothing looks terrible on them, it's weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! We don't have an LEC around - I wish we did. But one of the local Sears stores does carry LE so they take returns from both, which is super convenient. Your new LEC outfit sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love the navy eyelet dress. So cool looking, you look great in it! 5'7 and a size 4, I don't think I like you! he

    ReplyDelete