Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: J. Crew

I received order #2 of my 30% off promo orders from J. Crew.  A couple of factory items and a couple of skirts.

First up the garment dyed popover from the Crewlet.  I had purchased the neon azalea one at the store and paid $40+ for it.  They came on promo for $34.50 plus 30% off  ($24.15) so I re-ordered the azalea and added the lemon twist.  They are currently online for $29.50 HERE.  I think these are great for summer.  They are lightweight but not so sheer that you have to wear a cami under.  The colors are super bright.  I would say they fit true to size. 

J. Crew Factory Garment-dyed Popover Perfect Shirt - Lemon Twist - Size Small

J. Crew Factory Garment-dyed Popover Perfect Shirt - Neon Azalea - Size Small


From J. Crew retail online I ordered the Long No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Abstract Leopard and Safari Cat.  I ordered my regular J. Crew size of a 4 in both.  I've decided I need size 2.  I've always ordered a size 4 in the J. Crew pencil skirts because I like them to sit lower on my waist.  HOWEVER after seeing the photos of myself taken for this blog, I've decided that they look more flattering higher on my waist and I'm going to start buying a size 2.

I really like both of these skirts.  They are lined - YEAH!!  I'm not 100% sure about the longer length, but I think they would look better with heels.


Long No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Safari Cat - Size 4 - $68.60 after promo

Long No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Abstract Leopard - Size 4 - $34.99 after promo

What did you order on the last J.Crew promo?  Have you ever changed your styling/sizing after seeing yourself in pictures???

2 comments:

  1. I think those longer skirts are better for those like me with funny knees. You have such lovely legs that I think a shorter length looks better on you. If I were you, I'd have both of those skirts hemmed up a bit to show off those legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also bought the abstract leopard skirt and I like the longer length. I agree that a size down fits nicer on these! I'm hoping to wear mine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete