Thursday, May 10, 2012

UPS DELIVERY ALERT: ANN TAYLOR & J CREW REVIEWS

The UPS man came today - as he does several times a week.  It's a good thing my husband is not the jealous type :).

Today's deliveries were from Ann Taylor and J. Crew.  I haven't purchased from Ann Taylor for quite awhile now, but in their latest roll-out I noticed the Silk & Cotton Camp Shirt in lots of yummy colors.  The colors are reminiscent of the J.Crew blythe blouses that I have had no luck grabbing in popbacks.  The colors I ordered from Ann Taylor are not available in stores - only online.  The price is $68 but currently 30% off.

The colors are Ocean Dive, Tango Pink, and Lime Pop.  When I first opened the box and saw the colors, I was super excited.  They are very vibrant - even more so than this picture indicates.  However, they are all going back.  They are very thin and would require a cami to be worn underneath.  The worst part is the sleeves.  They are meant to be rolled up and tabbed, but this is not a look I care for - especially for work.  They definitely don't work with the sleeves unrolled as the are very wide and very long.  So sad.  I used to love Ann Taylor,  but I'm about ready to give up :(.

My other delivery was from J Crew.  During the last 30% off promo I ordered the #2 pencil skirts in Neon Pink and Natural.  They were on promo for $89.50 plus 30% got them to $62.65.  I also grabbed the scoopneck blouse in anchors aweigh.  The blouse was only to get my total up to avoid the shipping charge.  But - LOVE IT!!  I don't love the $135 price tag, but Mother's Day is right around the corner.......
I will definitely be keeping the pink skirt.  I really wanted the Neon Azalea one this winter, but the wool just seem way to heavy for Florida.  I'm so glad they came out with a similar color in the cotton.  I am on the fence with the Natural #2 pencil.  A little boring for me, but it does look great with the anchor blouse and my Wildcat Perfect Shirt.  Following are photos, albeit not great ones.


J. Crew #2 Pencil Skirt in Neon Pink

J.Crew #2 Pencil Skirt in Natural


J.Crew Scoopneck Blouse in Anchors Aweigh

What are you loving from J.Crew?  Should I keep the #2 in Natural?  What about Ann Taylor - are you a fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment