Thursday, November 1, 2012

J. Crew Review - No 2 Pencil Skirt in Metallic Floral

I am totally on the fence about this skirt.  I think I like the idea of it, but it is just too "metallic" for me.  It is online/catalog only so I ordered it to check it out and to get my shipping over the minimum.  You know I would never pay full price for anything and especially not this skirt for $148.  I think it screams HOLIDAY and would be appropriate for an event/party, but not for every day life (at least not mine).

It is fully lined which is awesome. The fabric is a nice weight and I like the length.  It fits true to size.  I originally thought it was black, but after getting in the sunlight to take the up close fabric photo, I think it is actually navy.  I like it better navy than black.  I will consider it, if it goes on super sale with extra % off.


No, I would not wear a yellow shirt with it.
I would go with a chambray shirt to dress it down and a navy sweater to dress it up.

Up close of the fabric - navy background (I think) and green metallic floral print

5 comments:

  1. I ordered this skirt too, but the fit was really off for me. And, like you, I think that it screams holiday. I really wanted to like this pattern, but I returned the skirt immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again they kinda had the right idea, but just missed it.

      Delete
  2. Great post! I think you look great in it, but it does look different in real life. Since i have the metallic cheetah, I think that is all the metallic I will do this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think the metallic cheetah is the better choice!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for reviewing this! I had my eye on this skirt ever since it came out and wasn't sure whether to get it. I think I'd be ok with the metallic as I like to wear lush fabrics for daytime too, but dressed down with something casual. I decided to get it with the free shipping promo for Cyber Monday, so if I don't like it I can return it for free! I've got my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete