Monday, November 5, 2012

J. Crew Factory Reviews

I haven't been to a factory store in a couple months as it is about an hour away and I hadn't seen much there on my last couple of visits.  Today I had a meeting very near the outlet mall and I had a coupon burning a hole in  my pocket (20% off $125 or 30% off $200).   It was my lucky day!  Everything in the store was 40% off today only and I made it to the $200 mark so I got the extra 30% off.

My reviews and IRL photos:

Glenplaid Wool Skimmer
On clearance plus 40% off plus 30% off = $18.89
FULLY LINED!!!
Fit true to size - same as my retail cafe capri

Up close of the skimmer fabric.  Will be great with burgundy, mustard, navy, black, etc.

Factory Talitha Top
This is a true navy although the photo makes it look cobalt.
100% polyester - I know that's a deal breaker for some.
Size small fits the same as my retail Talitha size 4.
$31.50 after discounts

Printed Perfect Shirt
Size small fits the same as my retail size 4.
$26.25 after discounts

Plaid Perfect Shirt
Size small fits the same as my retail size 4.
$27.09 after discounts

Factory Wildcat Top
100% Polyester
Size small fits the same as my retail size 4.
Soooo happy to get this one as I missed out on the retail version and have regretted it.
$31.50 after discounts

Factory Polka Dot Talitha
Black with White Dots
100% Polyester
Size small fits the same as my retail size 4 Talithas
$31.50 after discounts

Factory Charlie Sweater with Puffin
Size small fits the same as my retail size small Tippi
I was on the fence about this one but needed it to get my total over $200, so I caved.
It is super cute and I can see wearing it with orange pants, orange cafe capris, orange or ivory shorts.
$32.76 after discounts

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Lots of amazing buys. I have ordered a couple pairs of the skimmers from the factory site (red and turquoise) and love them both. I paid about $45 for each pair but thought they were worth it because they were lined.
    I look forward to seeing how you style all the new pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Luxette. I almost bought the red skimmers, but I have the cafe trousers from last year so I didn't. But they are super cute and totally worth $45!

      Delete
  2. You got some great deals! I picked up the Glenplaid in a skirt and can't wait to wear it when it starts getting a little cooler. Can't wait to see how you will style these!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Alice. I can't wait to see how you style the skirt!

      Delete
  3. You did great! I wish I had an outlet near by like you :o) I have my eyes on the Tartan in black, and this Skimmer plaid pants would be a lovely addiction to my closet!
    I'm happy for you, I can't wait to see you styling them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be super tough not to have a store nearby and worse to have to pay to return stuff :(.

      Delete
  4. Great buys - especially the pants. The blue talitha top reminds me of the sandwashed silk tops that we both have in pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, TC. This top is a dark navy (although it doesn't look it in the pic) and the fabric is silkier than the sandwashed silk. I do love my sandwashed silk tops, don't you?

      Delete
  5. Love these pieces - especially the puffin sweater. How cute is that?! I haven't been out to my J. Crew Outlet since they redid the website, but I may have to. Great that those pants are lined - I'm actually shocked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally caved on the puffin sweater although I told myself not to. It is so cute and I figure I can wear it with orange trousers or an orange skirt on casual Fridays. The pants are awesome - especially for $18!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for this. I saw a ton if cute stuff on the factory website yesterday but wasn't sure if I should order or go to the store to see them in person.
    Adore that duck sweater. Still on the fence about the animal motifs.
    Are the wool plaid pants capris or pants? I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to the store in awhile and I was glad I went. I have gone overboard on the animal motifs!! Stay tuned for postings of additional animal tops I purchased from Macy's and Old Navy. The pants are capris - fit on me is exactly like the cafe capris. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi, Andrea. The Factory definitely has stuff worth checking out right now, especially with the % off and coupons!

      Delete