Saturday, June 1, 2013

Nautical

I have been searching for the perfect cross-body bag for awhile.  I wanted something not too big and not too small.  Something I could put most of my usual handbag stuff in.  I wanted it for week-end shopping so it had to be comfortable and easy to get in and out of.  A fanny pack would be perfect, but both my daughter and my husband would die of embarrassment if I ever tried to hang with them with a fanny pack :).   I've tried a lot of cross-body bags and think I have finally found the one!  Separately, my husband and daughter each said it looked "nautical" which hadn't occurred to me.

It's from Coach and I bought it online from one of the invitation only factory sales.  Price was just a little over $100.  Not bad for an all leather bag.  Thoughts?

About the dress... you may recall that I purchased the striped bow back dress from Anthropologie a few weeks ago.  I found this one at Loft for the same price, but liked the fit much better so the Anthropologie one went back.


Coach Colorblock Cross-body


Ann Taylor Loft dress
Coach handbag
Lands End sandals









9 comments:

  1. I love the bag and such a great price. It will be perfect for shopping on warm summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bow back dress didn't work for me,, either. It didn't get the best reviews. I like the Loft one. Your new bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to like the bow back dress, but it just felt wonky. This bag is a keeper!

      Delete
  3. I like this relax look on you. The crossbody looks like a great buy!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice. I used the cross-body on Saturday and it worked great!

      Delete
  4. The bag is beautiful. It is very fresh and I love navy, white and brown.That is a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KnitYarns. I wasn't sure about the colorblocking, but I think it's neutral enough to work for awhile.

      Delete
  5. I woudl love to spend a hot day in that pretty dress

    ReplyDelete